Fax UsFacsimile: (705) 725-9169
Physical AddressThe Barrie Gun Club Inc
3619 County Road 40
RR#2, Springwater, ON
Mailing AddressThe Barrie Gun Club Inc.
P.O. Box 1141
PLEASE NOTE – WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS AT THIS TIME
Before meeting with our membership coordinator, please understand and agree that:
· You must first have a valid Firearms License as a condition of membership. We will not accept an application from anyone (aside from associate members or juniors) not in possession of a PAL or RPAL. Having the license “in progress” with the RCMP or having taken the Canadian Firearms Safety Course does not count as having a PAL in your possession.
· Upon making an application for membership (in person, we will not accept emailed or faxed paperwork) we require copies of the front and back of your Firearms License as well as your driver’s license to verify your address and payment in full of all fees, which are non-refundable. Membership dues will be pro-rated to the month of your orientation/safety course so you don’t pay for any waiting time where you can’t use club facilities.
· Starting in 2014, membership in the Canadian Shooting Sports Association is MANDATORY to be a member of the Barrie Gun Club. We will collect CSSA dues from all members at the time of joining or renewal.
· You will need to pass a minimum three month probationary period and complete a series of probationary shoots with CSSA instructors; once again this is mandatory and will not be waived regardless of occupation or experience.
· There is no way of “fast-tracking” the membership process for any reason – orientation courses, signoffs and probationary periods are ways we assess your suitability, attitude, competence, and “best-fit” as a prospective member. Please don’t be in a hurry.
· After you have satisfied all membership requirements, have passed your probationary period, and have been affirmed as a full member by a majority vote of the Board of Directors, we will apply for an Long-Term Authorization to Transport (LTATT) for restricted firearms or OIC Class 12(6)(7) handguns as required. Currently the Ontario CFO’s office is taking 6-8 weeks to approve these applications.